Professional Training: “Racism and Xenophobia: Activate the Imaginary Through Cultural Action - 16 to 17 October 2014, Saint-Etienne, France
Banlieues d’Europe has pleasure in informing you of the organization of its next Professional Training session entitled “Racism and Xenophobia: Activate the Imaginary Through Cultural Action” on 16 and 17 October 2014 at the Cultural Centre des Tilleuls, in Saint Etienne, France.
This training is intended for cultural actors, artists, local councillors, social workers, teachers, and actors in socio-cultural activities who wish “activate the imaginary” by developing projects to which they are committed, on their territories.
This training combines imparting of knowledge, examples and case studies, arising from the professional practices of the participants.
It will be centred on the following themes:
- The rise in Extremism; understanding and charting the parties and movements in France and in Europe (in preparation)
- Critical analysis of strategies in the combat against discrimination and racism (Michel David)
- An artist’s view, memory and transmission of history (Yan Gilg, Memoire Vives company)
- Writing workshop (Ricardo Montserrat)
- Mobilization of young people in Europe against hate speech on the Internet (Wim Vogelaere)
- History and Evolution of Anti-Racist Movements in France (Rokhaya Diallo)
- Project Realization Workshop; What European financing for committed European artistic and cultural projects? (Charlotte Bohl-Mustafa and Pierre Brini)
> Detailed Programme online : www.banlieues-europe.com
> There is a charge for the training. It can be paid for through continuous professional training schemes.
> Enrolment before 10 October 2014 (number of places limited)
Information on tariffs from Charlotte Bohl : : email@example.com
Contact Banlieues d’Europe : : Tél. +33 4 72 60 97 80